Zero to Hero Weekly | Issue 25 | Unlock Your True Potential: Make Your Hard Work Visible
In today’s fast-paced and competitive business environment, it is essential to stand out and make your hard work and achievements visible to your management. So what are the ways to sort this out, unlock your true potential, and ace your career?
Welcome to the 25th issue of Zero to Hero Weekly.
Several things have been going on, yet I think this week’s highlight was Aegis. It has been very well received by people who are well-known in the Cloud Native security community, and I have a feeling it is growing to become a bit more than a side project, but we’ll see.
Aegis: Keep Your Secrets… Secret
As I said, last week was mainly about Aegis, but what is Aegis?
Aegis is a Kubernetes-native, lightweight secrets management solution that keeps your secrets secret. And last week, I made significant progress with it. You can check out the project boards (which I openly share with everyone) to see how far Aegis has gone.
Some key highlights of the current version (Aegis v0.8.1) are:
- Upgraded Aegis to the latest and greatest SPIRE version as the identity control plane. That gave a bunch of stability improvements and reduced memory usage significantly.
- A lot of documentation updates to make Aegis easier to use and deploy.
- Making everything configurable via environment variables.
- Added liveness and readiness probes to critical components for Kubernetes-native lifecycle management.
- Started using distroless images for an additional layer of security.
- Using SPIFFE CSI driver instead of volume mounts (for security again).
Although Aegis is still an alpha product and has yet to be battle-tested, I am confident it can be used in a production cluster.
Random Thought of the Week
In today’s fast-paced and competitive business environment, it is essential to stand out and make your hard work and achievements visible to your management. Unfortunately, you can fall into the trap of being overlooked as a hidden gem among your peers, despite your consistent efforts and contributions to the team.
This can be detrimental to career growth and advancement opportunities. So what are the ways to sort this out, unlock your true potential, and ace your career?
This post is for paying subscribers only
\ \\, \\\,^,.,,. “Zero to Hero” ,;7~((\))`;;,, <zerotohero.dev> ,(@') ;)`))\;;', stay up to date, be curious: learn ) . ),(( ))\;, /;`,,/7),)) )) )\,, (& )` (,((,((;( ))\,