Welcome to the fifth issue of Zero to Hero Weekly.
This week was full of new videos and articles. It was a productive week overall.
Let’s jump right in.
What’s New on Zero to Hero 👩🍳
Here is a list of articles that I’ve published this week:
- In The Repositories, Tools, and Services We’ll Use for FizzBuzz Pro use case, we looked into the repositories and services that we will use in FizzBuzz Pro.
- In A Technique to Ensure Environment Variables Are Set Before Starting a Microservice article, we saw a technique to ensure that our microservice does not start if any of the environment variables it depends on is missing.
- In Make Your Code Leaner By Extracting Methods article, we saw an example of the method extraction refactoring technique.
- In Let’s Create a Syslog Logger use case, we created a logging wrapper module that logs messages to Syslog: a standard network-based logging protocol that works on a wide variety of different types of devices and applications.
- PREMIUM CONTENT — In How to Work With Private Go Repositories, I have a video setting up my development environment to work with private go modules and repositories. At the end of the article, there’s a lot of extra resources and learning material to dig in, for the interested, too.
Volkan Uses ⌨️
Ah, I’ve created an extensive inventory of hardware, software, and tooling that I prefer using—I thought you might like it.
Random Thought of the Week
I’ll keep this week’s random thought short and sweet: be kind—it’s more important than you think it is.
Not only be kind but also model kindness on your team too.
But how do you do that? I mean, how do you promote generosity and kindness in your team? Let’s see.